The main goal of the project NHC3 is to reduce emissions of hazardous substances (HS) from construction materials, buildings & construction sites and protect the (aquatic) environment and human health. NHC3 wants to make construction materials & building sites climate-neutral, circular and toxfree. We will develop a system of solutions at three levels: strategic solutions for management procedures of construction and buildings; practical/technical solutions for construction; communication and education solutions.
2021-2027 Interreg Baltic Sea Region
• Chemicals of concern have been mapped in construction materials/sites and Catalogue of Construction Materials including use/avoidance advice, info on alternatives and criteria for impacts, developed;
• Construction product assessment system has been improved/ revised and made applicable as a tool for transparency and traceability of HS helping control of HS along the value chain of the construction sector;
• Building certification systems assessed and proposals for better integration of HS aspects made;
• Training modules for municipal and business stakeholders on HS in construction materials, building processes and use of policy have been elaborated;
• Live construction in a few towns has been accompanied with regard to design, procurement & construction of toxfree, circular and climate-neutral municipal buildings, private houses and DIY renovations of different stakeholders.
Period of project implementation: 2023-01-01 - 2025-12-31
Project coordinator: Riga City Council
Project partners: BALTIJAS VIDES FORUMS ASSOCIATION, VŠĮ Aplinkosaugos valdymo ir technologijų centras, Sveriges Lantbruksuniversitet (SLU), Turku University of Applied Sciences (TUAS), Kaunas University of Technology, City of Stockholms Stad (STOCK), VŠĮ "BALTIJOS APLINKOS FORUMAS"