KTU APINI together with partners from Austria, Ireland, Romania, Greece and Spain starts with a new project SUSRUR (Towards Sustainability and Resilient scenarios for turistiniams SMEs in RUral & Remote Areas). The project aims to support SMEs from 5 rural & remote areas of Europe (Asturias region (Spain), Western Macedonia region (Greece), Harghita county (Romania), Utena (Lithuania), Steirisches Vulkanland (Austria)), by promoting sustainability and innovative practices & strategies while providing tools and skills to strengthen their competitiveness, increasing their awareness and capacity to accelerate and implement the twin green & digital transitions.
SUSRUR Expected Impact:
- Enhanced resilience and competitiveness of tourism SMEs through better uptake of sustainability principles, innovation, and digitalisation (i.e. use of new technologies, greening, data).
- New business models in tourism building on digitalisation, new technologies, sustainability, circularity.
- Enhanced cooperation along the tourism value chain.
- Improved transnational and cross-border cooperation, knowledge transfer and peer learning.
- Support the recovery of the tourism ecosystem from COVID-19 crisis by providing best practices for recovery investment.
- Other Short-term impacts -Environmental, Economic.
- Improve a common understanding of responsible tourism in regional level.
- Support regional tourism visibility schemes.
- Replicate energy transition plans and digitalization strategies.